American Express is one of the most iconic brands in the world, and for good reason: their cards are some of the most widely accepted. But even American Express has its own unique language that you might not be familiar with. In this post, we’ll take a look at 10 funny American Express slang terms and how to use them when you’re out and about. From AmEx terms for restaurants to descriptions of personal habits, read on to learn everything you need to know about this fun brand and its popular cards.
Applebee’s is a popular restaurant chain that specializes in American cuisine. They have a large variety of items on their menu, including appetizers, entrees, and desserts. Some of the terms commonly used at Applebee’s are:
Appetizers: chips & dip, nachos, buffalo chicken tenders, pizza bites
Entrees: shrimp scampi linguine, blackened salmon fillets, steak tips with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans, crab legs benedict
Desserts: molten chocolate cake, strawberry cheesecake, peach cobbler
- Bae is an acronym for “before Anyone Else.” It can be used as a term of endearment, or simply to refer to someone you care about.
2. Bae typically refers to someone you are close to – your significant other, friend, family member, etc.
3. Bae can also be used as a term of affection for anyone, regardless of relationship status.
4. Some variations of bae include baeshae (or bachan), which is Korean for “big brother” and baebo (or baiboo), which is Japanese for “big sister.”
Bernie Sanders is a US Senator from Vermont who is running for President of the United States. He is a self-described democratic socialist and he has been in politics for over 40 years. He has been a member of the House of Representatives, the Senate, and now he is running for President. Bernie Sanders is known for his strong stance on social justice issues and his opposition to Wall Street greed.
Some of the terms that Bernie Sanders commonly uses are “bernie,” “berniesanders,” “billary,” and “political revolution.” Here are some examples:
1) Bernie: short form of Bernard Sanders
2) Berninger: someone who supports Bernie Sanders
3) Berniesanders: supporters of Bernie Sanders
4) Biracial: having two racial origins (i.e. white and black)
5) Burlington Free Press: a local newspaper in Burlington, VT that has endorsed Bernie Sanders for President
6) Bullshitter: someone who lies or falsehoods
If you’re ever stuck trying to come up with a clever American Express slang term, these will help! From “Bling-bling” to “butt dialing,” here are 12 of America’s funniest AmEx terms.
1. Bling-bling: This term is used when someone wants to show off their expensive accessories.
2. Butt dialing: This term is used when someone accidentally calls someone they don’t want to call by accident, usually because they’re looking at their phone while they’re driving.
3. Chapped Lips: This term is used when someone wants to say that another person is not living up to their expectations or that they don’t like them very much.
4. Cobalt: This color is often associated with the high end of the American Express spectrum and is often given as a gift for special occasions.
5. Cripster: This term is used when a person thinks that another person is cool or fashionable enough to be worth insulting or spreading rumors about.
6. Diamond Club: This exclusive American Express club offers cardholders discounts on hotels, restaurants, and other attractions around the world..
7. Eurotrip: A Eurotrip typically refers to a trip abroad in Europe where cardholders can use their AmEx Infinite credit limit for purchases without interest charges..
8.”Flamboyant”: When describing somebody who behaves extravagantly or excessively showy this word would typically be used..
- Cab: A cab ride.
2. Cabbie: Someone who drives a cab.
3. Caboose: The back of a cab.
4. Checker: A taxi driver.
5. Chopper: A helicopter.
6. Coco: An expensive type of alcohol.(coke, rum, etc.)
7. Diner: A restaurant that serves food and drinks in the evening or at night.(e.g., “I’m going to the diner across the street.”)
8. Dispatch: The company that hires and dispatches taxis.(dispatch usually refers to yellow cabs only.)
9. Flatbed: A truck with a flat roof that is used for carrying furniture, boxes, or other large objects.(often used to describe trucks used for delivery.)
10. Go-faster stripes: Stripes on the side of a taxi that indicate how fast the taxi can travel.(usually between 65-75 mph).
Chunky monkey is used to describe someone who is very overweight.
Dank memes are the perfect way to brighten up a day and make everyone laugh. They’re also a great way to express yourself and connect with others. If you’ve never heard of a dank meme, now is the time to learn about them. Here are some of the most popular dank memes:
1) “I’m not a feminist, but I hate men.”
2) “Dude, stop being so chill.”
3) “This is why I don’t trust lawyers.”
4) “HI MY NAME IS DANK AND I’M REALLY GOOD AT DANK MEMES.”
5) “Why did I just spend $200 on this useless crap?”
6) “I’m not racist, but…”
7) “Why do people insist on being such idiots?”
Derek Jeter is one of the most well-known and popular athletes in America. He has won multiple championships and accolades over his illustrious career, making him a respected member of the American sports world. However, Jeter is also known for his colorful and unique vocabulary – much of which is derived from American Express terminology! Here are some of Jeter’s famous American Express slang terms:
Charge It: When Derek Jeter hits a homerun, he’s often said to have ‘charged it.’ This term is derived from the phrase ‘to charge’ or ‘charging,’ which means to run towards or into something. To charge it literally means to hit a homerun with this intention.
Fifth Inning Heat: The fifth inning of a baseball game is traditionally the most exciting period, as teams work to score more points and take control of the game. The Fifth Inning Heat refers to this intense period – usually when games are close and teams are fighting for their lives.
Gimme Some Change: Gimmie some change means give me some money – usually used when someone wants change for a dollar bill or two. This term comes from the idea that people often want small change (or anything else) in return for large bills or checks.
Fifty Shades of Grey
- Fifty Shades of Grey: BDSM
BDSM, or bondage, discipline, and sadism/masochism, is a type of sexual activity involving physical restraints and/or pain. The book Fifty Shades of Grey is about a graduate student who becomes involved in a BDSM relationship with her billionaire boss.
2. Flying Solo: Being single
Being single can be tough, but there are plenty of slang terms to help make the transition a little bit easier. For example, “flying solo” means being by yourself and not having any help (in terms of dating or social obligations). This term can be used to describe anything from going out on your own for the first time to dealing with an unpleasant situation on your own.
3. Bringing home the bacon: Making money
Making money can definitely come in handy when you’re single! “Bringing home the bacon” basically means that you’re responsible for bringing in enough money to support yourself financially. There are all sorts of ways to bring home the bacon, so it’s up to you what definition you use!
Grilling is one of the most popular American Express Slang terms and it can be used in a number of different ways. For example, you might say that you are grilling something when you are cooking it over a grill. Alternatively, you might say that someone is grilling your ego when they are trying to make you feel inferior.
Bro refers to an older male friend. It is often used in place of dude or guy. For example, you might say ” Let’s bro out tonight .”
This term is typically used when a person is mad or frustrated. They might say “Ching-chong, I’m getting angry again.”
If you’re thinking about cashing out your American Express card, you’ll need to know the lingo. Here are some of the most popular terms:
1. Tap and go: This means you can quickly withdraw cash from an ATM without having to fill out any forms or wait in line.
2. Pulling a fast one: This refers to getting away with something by deception or lying.
3. Brown bagging it: This means withdrawing cash from an ATM in small denominations, often less than $50.
4. Picking up the tab: This means paying for someone’s meal at a restaurant or bar.
5. Running up a tab: This means spending more than you have in your bank account on a single purchase, usually at a store or restaurant.
- Crunk is a term for a style of music that originated in Southern California in the late 1990s and early 2000s. It is often characterized by heavy use of synthesizers, basslines, and drum machines, and has been called “the sound of the new millennium.”
2. Some common Crunk terms includeizzle, banger, booty call, candy paint (a type of clothing), cracka (a slang term for a police officer), dirty south, drop it like it’s hot (to dance energetically), freak flag (a reference to the Confederate flag), gassed up (high on drugs or alcohol), gangsta turntable (a type of vinyl turntable with an oversized deck used to create dubstep or other electronic music), hi-hats (percussion instruments made out of plastic or metal that are often used in hip-hop music), jumpin’ jacks, lowrider (a car with distinctive low-slung styling), mack truck (a large truck used for transportation or storage), McNasty McNasty Juice (an energy drink popular among teenagers and young adults), monkey business (activity not related to work or legit business), popping pills, pink lemonade, quench your thirst, redneck rally cry
Some American Express slang terms that may be new to you include “sneaky Pete” (a person who tries to sneak things past you), “hang ten” (an expression of excitement or happiness), and “jacked up” (extremely excited or happy). Here are some more examples:
-Pete means someone who is untrustworthy. For example, a friend might say, “I think Pete is trying to cheat us.”
-Hang ten means to be very happy. For example, a friend might say, “I can’t believe we won the lottery! I was just hanging ten when we found out.”
-Jacked up means incredibly excited or happy. For example, a friend might say, “I feel so jacked up after getting our test scores back!”
Grubhub is a food delivery service that allows users to order food from restaurants. The company was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company has over 25 million active users and allows users to order food from over 250,000 restaurants in more than 500 cities across the United States. Grubhub also offers delivery services to over 800,000 homes in the United States.
- Juicy: Something that is especially desirable or enjoyable.
2. Vigorous: energetically active.
3. Plentiful: abundant.
4. Magnificent: strikingly beautiful or impressive.
5. Precious: valuable, of great worth.
- Kill (verb): To kill or destroy someone or something
2. Killa (noun): A deadly or dangerous person or creature
3. Killa cam (noun): A camera used to film and record killings
4. Killin’ it (adjective): Doing a great job; rising to the challenge
There are plenty of American Express slang terms that you might not be familiar with. Some of them are pretty funny, while others may just surprise you!
1. Amex Gold: This is the highest level of membership for American Express, and it comes with a bunch of benefits, including free access to airport lounges.
2. Amex Bluebird: This card is perfect for people who want to avoid high interest rates on their credit cards.
3. Amex green: This card is meant for people who want to make environmental and social responsible choices when shopping.
4. Amex black: This card is perfect for people who want to spend less on their purchases.
Pimp my ride
American Express is famous for its quirky and humorous terms, many of which are considered slang. Here are 15 of the most popular American Express slang words:
1. “Snack Pack” – A small gift filled with treats intended to make someone’s day.
2. “Crazy Diamond” – A very valuable diamond card.
3. “Busted Flush” – When someone loses all their money at the casino.
4. “Blue Moon” – A rare and expensive bottle of champagne.
5. “A-List” – The highest level of membership on American Express’ rewards program, including privileges such as free flights and stays at luxury hotels.
6.”Eagle Eye” – Watching over or monitoring something closely.
7.”Frequent Flyer Miles” – Qualifications earned by flying often enough with a particular airline or using specific travel related services from that airline (such as earning miles for booking through an American Express travel partner).
8.”Soul Searching” – Trying to figure out a problem or resolving an issue.
9.”Spin the Wheel” – Betting on whether a number will be higher or lower than the previous number displayed on a wheel placed in the casino area (this term is often used when playing blackjack).
10.”Purse Buster” – Someone who steals other people’s purses while they’re walking in a busy area (usually referred to as a ‘baggie thief